The purposes of CSOSA shall be to:
1. Maintain an office for the support of Alcoholics Anonymous activities in the San Antonio Metropolitan Service Area (SAMSA). SAMSA includes A.A. districts whose groups meet in the City of San Antonio and surrounding area at the time of this statement of purpose. These districts may change from time to time.
2. Provide a central telephone listing under the name Alcoholics Anonymous, and an office address under the name Central Service Office‚ in order to receive and respond appropriately to inquiries from persons seeking information.
3. Purchase and sell literature, sobriety tokens, and other merchandise of help and interest to A.A. groups and individual members, as approved by the Board of Trustees. Items may be sold to the general public and to institutions, as well.
4. Maintain and publish a directory of A.A. meetings in SAMSA.
5. Publish a monthly newsletter to keep A.A. members informed of A.A. activities.
6. Maintain current records of all funds received and disbursed by CSOSA, and produce monthly financial statements, and other reports as directed by the Board of Trustees.
7. Support committees and activities of A.A. in SAMSA, as directed by the Board of Trustees.